Hi Jared !
I have further questions about this matter.
So, I have tried yours and Liz advices both from e-mail and from the community.
Here are what I have tried so far :
1. I stop to crop the image only to the target object, since Liz said It wont help.
2. And then I tried to experiment with several positives and negative images combination
- I have two concepts for now.
I tried with 20 positives images and 20 negatives images each concepts.
But, the negatives images is actually from the other concepts positive images.
For example, Concept A have 20 negatives images whihch come from Concept B, 20 positive images.
And the same for the Concept B negative images.
I got the best result with this. Using one test image, I got around 80% in prediction result.
- So, I tried to add more images to 30 for positive only for both concepts
The result of accuracy Concept A become 70% and Concept B close to 90%
- Tried add more negatives images. So, now I have 30 pos & 30 neg images for each concepts.
Both Concepts accuracy decrease a little.
- Tried with 30 pos images and 20 neg images.
But now the negative images is the same for both concepts.
Also, the negative images is no longer from positives images of the other concepts, but it's "view" images.
The result of accuracy Concept A 60%, Concept B 70%
- I also tried to mix negative samples with view images and positive images of the other concepts, but still not
a satisfying result.
3. My model name is drink_can. Can you see what I have done wrongly ? Because you could see that from my trials, more images actually makes the accuracy percentages lower.
4. How many images do Clarifai need to make a model with accuracy reaching more than 90% ?
5. Any recommended ratio between positives and negatives images ?
6. For the latency. My android phone is already using LTE connection, does 2-10 secs is still normal ?
The picture itself are usually taken from camera.